What is the
ELM LAWN PTO?
The Elm Lawn PTO is:
Elm Lawn PTO is organized for the parents and staff of Elm Lawn Elementary School in Middleton, Wisconsin (“Elm Lawn Elementary”) exclusively for charitable, scientific, literary or educational purposes within the meaning of Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
The relationships within Elm Lawn Elementary among students, teachers, staff, and parents are a vital influence on the success of our children’s futures. Therefore, the purpose of the Elm Lawn PTO is to foster a sense of support, pride and enthusiasm; to encourage parent and public involvement in our school; and to bring into closer relation the home and the school, so that parents and teachers may cooperate intelligently in the education of all students. This organization shall provide opportunities for school functions, engage in fundraising projects for the benefit of the school and its students, encourage parent, teacher, and community involvement, and cooperate with the school administration in providing and enhancing educational opportunities.
The objectives of Elm Lawn PTO are:
1. To promote the education and well-being of all Elm Lawn Elementary students at home, in school, and in the community.
2. To provide a forum for discussion and foster communication among parents, administrators, educators and the community.
3. To enhance the educational facilities and opportunities for the students of Elm Lawn Elementary that are not otherwise provided for in the school budgets.
4. To sponsor projects and events for the benefit of Elm Lawn Elementary and its students.
5. To raise funds as required to provide for the above objectives.
To obtain membership in the Elm Lawn PTO:
Membership in this organization shall be automatically granted (1) to all parents, guardians and other adults standing in loco parentis of students enrolled in Elm Lawn Elementary and (2) to all teachers and other staff employed at Elm Lawn Elementary. There shall be no membership dues.